Use of essential oils
Below there are instructions for the correct use of essential oils.
- Essential oils are quite concentrated substances which should be used with great care.
- They shouldn’t be used solute on skin but in combination with a basic oil (e.g. almond oil).
- Avoid contact with eyes. In case of irritation rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Avoid exposure to sun when you use essential oils because they are phototoxic.
- Essential oils shouldn’t be used though mouth but only after doctor’s advice.
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding get your doctor’s advice before using any essential oil.
- Essential oils can cause allergic shock. You should do an allergic test before any use.
- Children under 12 should use them with great care and after their doctor’s advice.
- Attention! Essential oils are inflammable.
- Keep in cool and well-ventilated place.
This post is also available in: Greek